TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

How to Get Updates?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Simon528, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Simon528

Simon528 New Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Southern California
    I took deliver of my Model S about ten days ago. It is already in the shop because of a rumble in the front wheel that I can feel in the steering wheel. Not sure how Tesla missed it.

The car not getting software updates, even though it is connected to my home Wifi network. Is there some setting that needs to be changed to allow it to receive updates?

2. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Sep 23, 2012
    San Diego
    There appears to be a geo fencing protocol that gets your car an update sooner when it is parked in such area. The geofences are around service centers primarily - if I supercharge at a site next to a service center, I'll get an update pretty soon afterwards.
    I've matured though, and have realized that waiting for updates is the best thing an owner can do. Too many bugs on the initial rollout.