Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get Wireless Apple Carplay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jim33

Dec 29, 2021
Venice
Hello, I have an TESLA MODEL 3, and a new iphone 12. I don't like the original navigation, so i want a wireless Apple carplay dongle to make my carplay connected wirelessly , and no need any modify to my car. Considering that I will not be able to connect my mobile phone with my car via the USB cable, so I also need a wireless charger maybe. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Can you post me a link of the exact carlinkit T2C to get? This would be for the US. I see like 4 or 5 iterations of it on Amazon. Not sure if they are all the same. Thanks.

I got this one from amazon, came in 1 day with prime free shipping.

I did the update so it didn't need the SIM card. Tested it out sitting in the car and it ran fine. Haven't gone on a full drive yet though. I'll see if the connection stays on after I've left the car, hopefully it doesn't do random connections in the middle of the night like some other poster had said in another thread on reddit. However checking my iPhone's bluetooth, it says it's disconnected from the Carlinkit T2C, hopefully that's a good sign.

Reactions: MikeMass