Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to go about selecting new wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am awaiting delivery of the refreshed Long Range Model S, and I realized that I really don't like the standard 19" wheels that come with the car. I've considered upgrading to the 21" wheels but I also don't love the look of the wheels Tesla offers (I realize I might be minority here).

Question for the group - how should I go about selecting new wheels for the car? I really only care about the aesthetics. Good wheels completely elevate the look of a car. I have a hard time imaging how wheels will look on a car. Any tips from people on how to properly wheel shop, and whether I should stick with 19" (practical choice) or go with 21" (better look?) would be appreciated. I am a noob when it comes to buying wheels and would love some guidance.

I am awaiting delivery of the refreshed Long Range Model S, and I realized that I really don't like the standard 19" wheels that come with the car. I've considered upgrading to the 21" wheels but I also don't love the look of the wheels Tesla offers (I realize I might be minority here).

Question for the group - how should I go about selecting new wheels for the car? I really only care about the aesthetics. Good wheels completely elevate the look of a car. I have a hard time imaging how wheels will look on a car. Any tips from people on how to properly wheel shop, and whether I should stick with 19" (practical choice) or go with 21" (better look?) would be appreciated. I am a noob when it comes to buying wheels and would love some guidance.
I’d say first you find couple of designs you like and then see if someone has them on their tesla already. Then decide on size and offsets - there’s a bit of a trade off as you go larger, the ride is less smooth.

I’d say first you find couple of designs you like and then see if someone has them on their tesla already. Then decide on size and offsets - there’s a bit of a trade off as you go larger, the ride is less smooth.
Some of the best pics of aftermarket wheels are on setups that look like the Tesla is lowered. The gap between the tire and fender is a lot less than the stock look. Are people doing lowering their cars in those instances?

Some of the best pics of aftermarket wheels are on setups that look like the Tesla is lowered. The gap between the tire and fender is a lot less than the stock look. Are people doing lowering their cars in those instances?
I have lowered mine, but it is a model 3. On your model S you should have air suspension and at lowest setting, your gap should be small.

3D778817-A515-444C-BDF6-A1186F6E797A.jpeg