Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to group Tesla solar panels to MPPTs for better system efficiency

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am preparing discussion with Tesla staffs of on-site visit. Ordered 9.6KW system with 2 power walls. 7.6KW inverter. 400W panels

Total 24 panels in 5 groups and 5 directions. Per PVwatts.nrel.gov, the North group (10) and East group (2) have bad efficiency (73% &78%). Central group (3) has 100% efficiency, West (6) 95% and South (3) 98%.

My concern is the East (2) string. It is too short for its own MPPT. It will be in shade half day. Can Tesla group it in other strings without hurting system efficiency? Shall I drop it? A layout change will cost me weeks of delay.

Appreciate advice on MPPT/Strings configuration for my case from all the experts.
Solar Panels.jpg

Just talked to Tesla Solar Advisor and requested layout change (removing East 2 panels to other sections or dropping them). It may only take few days before I get new design. The advisor is very helpful. He also mentioned that the recent news about Tesla moving out of the solar business was so misleading and false. They are still hiring and expanding.

It totally made my day since I am all in tesla stocks. :)

Reactions: RayB