Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Identify High Amp Charging Stations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

My lease application for X just got approved and I have only a few more days to finalize my options.
I'm debating with myself whether I should get the High Amperage Charging Option, or get CHAdeMO adapter instead and save some bucks.

I live in a condo in Vancouver, BC, and I only have access to level 1 charging, so faster charging is very much desirable, but if there aren't any chargers nearby to take advantage of the high amp charging, the money spent wouldn't be worth it.

I tried to see from plugshare and chargepoint if there is a filter option for looking for chargers that support 72 amp charging but couldn't figure out how. can anyone help me?

Hi,
I live in a condo in Vancouver, BC, and I only have access to level 1 charging, so faster charging is very much desirable, but if there aren't any chargers nearby to take advantage of the high amp charging, the money spent wouldn't be worth it.

I tried to see from plugshare and chargepoint if there is a filter option for looking for chargers that support 72 amp charging but couldn't figure out how. can anyone help me?
Apart from your charging needs in Vancouver, if you plan to do any driving in Canada away from the Supercharger network, many Sun Country chargers are 72 amp, so I'd definitely recommend getting the high amp charger if that is a consideration. Also have a look at the Sun Country map and see if any of their chargers in Vancouver are useful. They show the amperage for each location.

http://suncountryhighway.com/en/Listings/1/?PageSize=50

• Helpful
Reactions: FarmerDave