Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How To Keep Car 'ON' If I Exit The Vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this possible?

I'm thinking of a situation where I may need to park/double park in the street or driveway and walk 50'+/- away from the car, Sometimes at night with the lights on.

The car is not out of my sight, and I would leave my phone in the car to keep it 'ON'. Possibly for up to 5 minutes or so.

Would it be as simple as just turning the lights ON instead of the Auto position? Or will they still shut off?

Is this possible?

I'm thinking of a situation where I may need to park/double park in the street or driveway and walk 50'+/- away from the car, Sometimes at night with the lights on.

The car is not out of my sight, and I would leave my phone in the car to keep it 'ON'. Possibly for up to 5 minutes or so.

Would it be as simple as just turning the lights ON instead of the Auto position? Or will they still shut off?
Try not to complete close the door. Just the partial click and car will not think the door is closed thus will keep the car on.

(I haven’t tried this personally but read it on another thread)

Reactions: Hamrhead
I would think dog mode... that way you are not leaving the keys (your phone) in the car while you walk away from it... not sure if you can leave lights on in dog mode or not though.

Keith
Lights are my biggest concern should I have to double park in the street for a few minutes, in the dark.

I'd turn on the 4-ways, but it'd be nice if the car kept the lights on as well.

Try not to complete close the door. Just the partial click and car will not think the door is closed thus will keep the car on.

(I haven’t tried this personally but read it on another thread)
Tried this today and it worked. It was the middle of the day so the lights were off, but the A/C kept going while I was out of the car for 5 minutes or so. (Phone was in the car)

Thanks for the idea!

Reactions: AlexHung