Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to keep track of free Supercharging miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go into the Tesla app, tap the treasure chest in the upper right.

Also if you go here
Tesla SSO – Login

myCredit balance 372 kWh
Energy 14 kWh
Credit remaining 358 kWh

Not sure if to maximize better not to "fill up" to 90% if not necessary @ sc, since it slows down and i believe you don't get the max miles/time? Plus it frees up the spot for someone else..

Okay, I just went to my Tesla account and it shows they charged my credit card $13 for Supercharging session I did yesterday. What the heck is that all about when I'm supposed to be getting 1K miles for free???

Now I'm upset.....

Also if you go here
Tesla SSO – Login

myCredit balance 372 kWh
Energy 14 kWh
Credit remaining 358 kWh

Not sure if to maximize better not to "fill up" to 90% if not necessary @ sc, since it slows down and i believe you don't get the max miles/time? Plus it frees up the spot for someone else..
As shown in the History tab, free "miles" are actually tracked in KWh, which is the most fair system. This means if you wait for the supercharger to slow down, it won't lose you anything but your time. The other good side is if you have a SR model 3, they're the most efficient and you get about double the actual mileage advertised, since they based it on a Model S 100D energy consumption.

To the OP: it may take up to two weeks after delivery to see your miles in the loot box. After 2 weeks if you don't have em, call tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
As shown in the History tab, free "miles" are actually tracked in KWh, which is the most fair system. This means if you wait for the supercharger to slow down, it won't lose you anything but your time. The other good side is if you have a SR model 3, they're the most efficient and you get about double the actual mileage advertised, since they based it on a Model S 100D energy consumption.

wow so about 4k miles on my SR if I get a referral b/f the end of the month?

Makes me want to pursue my 5K miles referral (I had ordered a MR during the 5K referral period, then had to reorder my SR when they phased out the MR. Referral dept. said sorry based on new order. Even though it wasn't my fault

wow so about 4k miles on my SR if I get a referral b/f the end of the month?

Makes me want to pursue my 5K miles referral (I had ordered a MR during the 5K referral period, then had to reorder my SR when they phased out the MR. Referral dept. said sorry based on new order. Even though it wasn't my fault
Yup pretty much, the one catch is the expiration date. I got the 7500km (5000 miles) but they expire after 6 months, so I've been supercharging like crazy. Nearly 4 megawatt hours for free is pretty crazy!

To the OP: it may take up to two weeks after delivery to see your miles in the loot box. After 2 weeks if you don't have em, call tesla.
Ah so that's why I seem to be getting twice the miles I expected (although sadly I won't come close to 5k in 6 months - wish I could get another referral to extend 6 months)

it takes a while to post and not retroactive :(

This is my case. I emailed Tesla and I told them I know for a fact I used a referral code from someone on YouTube when I ordered my car. But they keep insisting no referral code was used. Of course I have no way of proving this which means I'm pretty much SOL. I'm loving my Model 3 so far but Tesla's customer service department really sucks as of now. I'm hoping this isn't the norm for their customer service which almost seems to be non existent.

Reactions: vickh
Oh well look at that ... I'd never noticed that before. Hadn't looked at payment history and expanded any line items since using free supercharging.

Gold star for you sir!

Interesting side note from this AM; It's usually real time but I didn't get charged any miles (even on the portal Tesla SSO – Login. Not sure if it's a quirk but there are times when I get a
No Charge $0.00 post but this time nothing?

This is my case. I emailed Tesla and I told them I know for a fact I used a referral code from someone on YouTube when I ordered my car. But they keep insisting no referral code was used. Of course I have no way of proving this which means I'm pretty much SOL. I'm loving my Model 3 so far but Tesla's customer service department really sucks as of now. I'm hoping this isn't the norm for their customer service which almost seems to be non existent.

I've had something similar happen in that the referee got a credit for my referral, but not me (they claim outside valid dates) I'm going to send them a screenshot of the valid referral from the referee and see if they explain the logic