Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to know if its a new replaced battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have MS 2014. Recent owner of the car mentioned that the battery pack was replaced in Tesla Service by warranty in 2021, but didn't have any documents as a proof. How could i know if its really has been replaced? Can i find that info somewhere hidden on the menu? Or it requires special tools to find the correct information?

You mean somewhere behind the wheel? Will try to remove loads of snow and mud to find this sticker, haha.

Yes, behind the wheel to the rear of the car, will look something like this.

44E08289-D04D-435F-A090-0A3653B6CB7E.jpeg

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply’s. I am brand new to electric cars, so I apologize for the dumb questions. Would this battery be a red flag? The car drove great and was very clean, but 177k miles is scaring me away.
It's possible the age is a more important flag than the miles. Both are flags .... its an old car. Maybe add $15,000 or more to replace a battery. My number is probably conservative and my caution maybe too high. So worst case, is it still an attractive buy?

Upvote 0
It's possible the age is a more important flag than the miles. Both are flags .... its an old car. Maybe add $15,000 or more to replace a battery. My number is probably conservative and my caution maybe too high. So worst case, is it still an attractive buy?
Nope, thank you. I’m glad I got some answers. I couldn’t get any information from the dealer or Tesla. Thank you everyone for the help.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0