Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to know what options you have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model 3 Long Range for 5 days and I'm absolutely stoked! The car is everything I hoped it would be.

I've been through the Owner's Manual online thoroughly while sitting in the car and tried pretty much everything.

In many places, the Owner's Manual contains the statement "Depending on market region, etc etc, your vehicle may not be equipped with..."

So, how do I know whether or not I have Auto Lane Change or Autopark for example?

I've tried following the instruction in the manual a few times for both.
  • Do I simply assume that since the car didn't change lanes Auto Lane Change is not enabled?
  • If no parking icons appear on the touchscreen as I'm driving along, again, does that mean the capability is not enabled?
Disappointed there's no HomeLink Universal Transceiver. I can assume that because there's no icon on the touchscreen. It would be neat though!

Reactions: Hairyman
I've had my Model 3 Long Range for 5 days and I'm absolutely stoked! The car is everything I hoped it would be.

I've been through the Owner's Manual online thoroughly while sitting in the car and tried pretty much everything.

In many places, the Owner's Manual contains the statement "Depending on market region, etc etc, your vehicle may not be equipped with..."

So, how do I know whether or not I have Auto Lane Change or Autopark for example?

I've tried following the instruction in the manual a few times for both.
  • Do I simply assume that since the car didn't change lanes Auto Lane Change is not enabled?
  • If no parking icons appear on the touchscreen as I'm driving along, again, does that mean the capability is not enabled?
Disappointed there's no HomeLink Universal Transceiver. I can assume that because there's no icon on the touchscreen. It would be neat though!
For basic inclusions, go to the app - upgrades - manage
For more comprehensive information log into your tesla web portal.
Also and someone else may have better info, but I think you have to drive a certain distance for calibration before some functionality will work.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
If you ordered "Enhanced Autopilot" or "Full Self Driving" with the car you will have Auto Lane Change and Autopark:

1661503850535.png

You can see which options are enabled in the car via the "software menu" on the touchscreen

And you can purchase Enhanced Autopilot or FSD (if your car doesn't already have it) via the mobile phone app.

The HomeLink module is available separately

Thanks very much for the responses. I'll change lanes and park by myself for now!

WRT HomeLink, sadly, the Tesla shop is telling me "Accessory is not compatible with any of your vehicles". I'll confirm that with the Service Centre.