Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How To Leave Car On W/Passengers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I'm looking to see if anyone has knowledge on the question I posted? What my family has noticed is if I get out of the car as the driver with the fob the car shuts off and anyone left in the car are left without the ability to cool the car. If I leave the fob in the car then it's no problem. This is not good when you live in Las Vegas and it's 113 out...!

Does anyone know how you can leave the car to "idle" if you take the fob with you?

Hello,

I'm looking to see if anyone has knowledge on the question I posted? What my family has noticed is if I get out of the car as the driver with the fob the car shuts off and anyone left in the car are left without the ability to cool the car. If I leave the fob in the car then it's no problem. This is not good when you live in Las Vegas and it's 113 out...!

Does anyone know how you can leave the car to "idle" if you take the fob with you?

One way I know you can do it is just turn the car back on with the iPhone app after your leave. I'm sure there are 10 other ways, but that's just how I do it when the FOB is away from the car.

When you exit the vehicle with the key fob, the car will shut off. Just have the passenger touch the screen within a few seconds of when it shuts off and the car will turn back on (systems at least, not sure it would let you drive it) without the fob.

sometimes the windows wont have power when the car is in "off" even with the key in the car and the screen on. Anyone know a fix for that?

The sunroof moves, just windows wont. really frustrating especially sitting at the supercharger and its getting hot in the car.