TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to list my changed out side mirrors?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Tunaman, May 19, 2014.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman Member

Just paid the dealer to install the powered side mirrors on my 2013 model S.
    When I tried to list the original equipment mirrors on the Parts for sale site I got a "not authorized to post" error message.
    Did not get a reply from the forum to my question about what was necessary to be allowed to post the mirrors.
    I want to sell them for $300 each to someone who either had damaged mirrors or ones that will not fold.
    any help would be appreciated.

2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I don't know if it is true here or not but many other fora I have participated in have restrictions on posting For Sale items if you do not have enough posts on the forum. Maybe that is the problem???

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

99% it's because you don't have enough posts. As you get more posts you'll get more privileges.

4. Ven Rala

Ven Rala Member

How much does it cost to have the powered mirrors installed?

5. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

I was quoted $1575 and have contemplated it. However, I'd prefer to wait till the front/rear parking sensors come down in price and upgrade those instead.

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really liked the way the sensors worked on a loaner I had... even in winter with the car covered in snow. The integration with the screens is very nice too. I had been considering after-market (which would only have the "beepers", no screen integration), but if there is a sense the Tesla retrofit may come down in price, I'll wait.

7. HHHH

HHHH Member

I don't really see the need for the mirrors or the sensors, to be honest. The mirrors don't bother me, and if it gets nicked a replacement is less than $100. Also, with the backup cam, the lens is so wide that I don't find the need for sensors. The only thing I think I'll do is that front camera.