Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to lock door quickly if being chased and jumping into car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear with me as it’s a safety question and I don’t have my car delivery until a couple weeks later.

I googled already but can’t find any answers to this.

If you need to quickly run to your car while being chased by someone, how do you quickly lock the door once you close the door since there is no traditional lock/unlock button on the door handle, it only functions to unlock as far as

All threads say to use the screen or phone app but in a situation you are being chased and fast enough to just open and close the door, last thing you want to do is use the screen or app.

Is there any physical button to lock the door quickly?
Should I just buy a key fob and hit lock once in the car?

It’s not about being in sketchy places but there are some crazies out there or being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Thanks

While it's not a physical button, the lock icon on the screen is pretty easy to find if you know to look for it, and it's not hidden behind any menus. Just one tap to lock/unlock the doors.

it's probably just as fast as reaching into your pockets to get the fob out.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you live in a scary neighborhood.

The poor thief wouldn't know what to do with me, as I usually offer rides and drives to anyone interested. I would point out to him that the car shows on my phone at all times, so anyone stealing my car would show its location on my phone, and police would probably be waiting at his destination if not actually following him down the road. That and the fact that I can turn the car off from my phone, honk horn, flash lights, etc., would make a thief quite nervous.

Upvote 0
ha I only ask for things I cannot find in search or google

but seriously might need to tweet Elon and ask for something like this.

maybe if one holds the brake and hits horn it auto locks and sounds alarm…
Yea maybe we can get a ***** or ****** mode or something. Anyway I think I found your solution: the key fob
No panic button though. Maybe carry a portable air horn or rape whistle? Bear pepper spray? Taser? The possibilities are endless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
(moderator note)

I have been watching this thread, because this is the type of thread that tends to devolve into mudslinging toward people, areas, cultures, etc. Please Dont do that. I have already had to edit a post in this thread that was derogatory toward two regions. I wont be editing any other posts that are inappropriate, but will simply move them in their entirety to a quarantine thread.

Edit, as a matter of fact, I am just going to preemptively lock this thread, since the answer(s) have already been given that are relative to model 3s.

1. Push the lock icon on the screen
2. buy a keyfob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I’d rather be in a locked car too if someone was chasing me but I sure would hope they aren’t armed with a ball bearing like the one that vanquished cybertruck. Toronto is the fourth largest city in North America but has a lower violent crime rate than other large cities in the continent. There have been murder spikes but generally among people that know each other vs. stranger danger.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.