Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to make software change requests?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an effective way to make software change requests, that might actually be heard by Tesla?

For example, I might request an app be added, that I would call, Less Nags. I would call it No Nags, but lets be realist here.
My wife is nagging me about what and how information is displayed in the vehicle, because somehow it is my fault.
I would request the Less Nags app show:

• Speed (using much larger fonts than the stock speed, you'll know you got it right when my wife stops nagging me)
  • Time (using much larger fonts than the stock time)
  • Compass heading (using larger fonts than default)
  • Current music playing on her i-phone (much larger than the stock app in the lower left hand corner)

Is there an effective way to make software change requests, that might actually be heard by Tesla?

For example, I might request an app be added, that I would call, Less Nags. I would call it No Nags, but lets be realist here.
My wife is nagging me about what and how information is displayed in the vehicle, because somehow it is my fault.

• Speed (using much larger fonts than the stock speed, you'll know you got it right when my wife stops nagging me)
  • Current music playing on her i-phone (much larger than the stock app in the lower left hand corner)
Buy her a different car.

Reactions: gaswalla
Upvote 0

Those are all good suggestions. The font sizes for different controls should be adjustable. We all have different eye sight limitations. And it should be easier to see at a glance while we're driving.

Reactions: howardnj
Upvote 0
Buy her a different car.

She does have her own car. She liked to drive my last daily driver, a Chevy Volt. So I am expecting and hoping she will like to drive this one as well.

I did purchase a $30 GPS speedometer with compass heading and attached it to the top of the steering wheel (see pic below) with a velcro strap (no glues or adhesives used on the car). She likes this location for speed better than on a center console screen. With a small calibration tweak to the settings speed is spot on with the car, but the readings lag a bit behind when accelerating.

PXL_20230123_132545958.jpg

Reactions: Tha_Ape
Upvote 0
Those are all good suggestions. The font sizes for different controls should be adjustable. We all have different eye sight limitations. And it should be easier to see at a glance while we're driving.
I agree, great suggestions. So unfortunate Tesla doesn't seem to have a method of requesting changes. My pet peeve is that the conditioning the car must be set for every day or weekdays, you can't have a one time setting.
More options available with voice control would be nice too. Especially when you can't remember where a setting is within all the menus.

Upvote 0
I agree, great suggestions. So unfortunate Tesla doesn't seem to have a method of requesting changes. My pet peeve is that the conditioning the car must be set for every day or weekdays, you can't have a one time setting.
More options available with voice control would be nice too. Especially when you can't remember where a setting is within all the menus.

Both of your suggestions are at the top of my list as well.

Upvote 0
Here’s another tweak I’d like to see: I’ve got it set to open my garage door and fold the mirrors on my MS as I approach my house. However, later when I want to go out the car wakes up, opens the door handles and unfortunately also opens the mirrors, it knows it’s at my home so why open the side mirrors, keep it folded.

Upvote 0
Not only isn't there a way to make software feature requests, there's seems to be no way to get Tesla to repair software defects (these are covered under the warranty). I've reported three separate software defects. Not a single one has been repaired. (One is still broken after after three years.) Tesla Service began by gaslighting ("It's supposed to work that way"), before eventually acknowledging that all three are defects. However, the party line is that these things are "being reviewed by engineers" and they "have no timeline" for addressing these issues. In other words, it's broken and we're not going to fix it. Of course, software isn't fixed at the service center. But the service center people stonewall when you ask to contact the someone who's really responsible for these kinds of repairs. It's a dead end. A service manager once gave me a Tesla phone number to call. I thought I was going to speak with someone who could get the work done. Instead, it was an automated phone line that was for legal matters only. So the message from that service manager was: "if you want your car repaired, you'll have to sue us."

Upvote 0