Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to make sure the car does not "fly away" while in "Arcade Mode"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm checking my phone every hour to see if I have received the new software update with Tesla Arcade that includes Beach Buggy Racing.

Tesla on Twitter

So this got me thinking how I can make ABSOLUTELY sure that someone sitting on the driver's seat can not accidentally put the car in Drive Mode and end up causing a potential disaster. The other games are not so much of an issue because they can be played from the passenger seat.

With Beach Buggy, you are using the steering wheel and the brake pedal but what mechanism is there to make sure with all the excitement, no one can accidentally put the car in drive? Basically inviting someone to enjoy the game from the driver's seat should not mean they can then drive the car, even if the Keyfob is near.

I wish there was a way to "lock out" Drive Mode so that if your friends or children are playing any of the games, there is absolutely no way to accidentally (or intentionally for that matter) be able to put the car in drive.

Basically I'd like to see some method where when you enter Arcade Mode, the car's driving functions are essentially locked out and you can restore that option with a keyfob or something only the owner can do (perhaps with a PIN code) so that if there are children playing the games, they will be limited to playing the games.

I'm sure they've thought of this so just wondering what method is there to ensure safety. While you are charging, this is not an issue though because the car is not going to go anywhere while plugged in.

Isn’t there a lockout re video inoperable while driving? If so, then it would seem when in video mode (which presumably includes during gaming) the vehicle would be unable to actually drive.

The issue here is that I'm more concerned about the car becoming operational while I let someone play a game. I don't want someone to be able to pause or stop game play, and then engage the car on drive.

I'm going to try the PIN to drive solution.