Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to maximize winter range on icy roads

Drifting

Apr 18, 2021
Rocky Mountains
A better way to simply my question is just this---------

I run a M3P in an area that gets lots of ice and is often very cold which affects my range, and my battery is close to zero on one particular drive I do twice a month during the winter.

I'd like to purchase an 18inch winter wheel set that will fit the brakes of an M3P, but is light, and ideally can still accept aero covers. Willing to spend a decent amount to get lighter wheels, but I don't care about saving 1/16 of an ounce for an extra $500/wheel either.

I'm new to this, so I would definitely appreciate your recommendations both on wheels, and the best places to contact about wheels that fit the need above.

duanra

Dec 14, 2018
Montreal
I live in Montréal, and honestly the regen is a non issue since you modulate it with the accelerator and also because unless you keep your car in a well heated garage, you won't have much regen anyway :)

• Funny
Reactions: GtiMart

Gasaraki

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
18inch winter wheel set that will fit the brakes of an M3P, but is light, and ideally can still accept aero covers
Umm... yeah. That's going to be a tall order. The stock 18" do not fit the M3P due to the brakes and the aftermarket wheels don't take the aero covers.

Let me see if I can find something.

EDIT:
Found something for you.

Drifting

Apr 18, 2021
Rocky Mountains
Umm... yeah. That's going to be a tall order. The stock 18" do not fit the M3P due to the brakes and the aftermarket wheels don't take the aero covers.

Let me see if I can find something.

EDIT:
Found something for you.
thank you very much

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC