Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to measure 0-60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the easiest way to measure the 0-60 time of my car? I don’t need 0.01 second accuracy and I am fine with finding an empty back road. I was thinking of just having a passenger video the speedometer, but I am not sure how I would look at the video to and see the time with more granularity than just whole seconds. I have seen people talk about dragy, but that costs $150 and might be fancy than I need. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

If you don’t want too shell out for a Dragy, the cheapest solution is an iPhone app called Power Tools. May be other apps like it for Android.

PowerTools For Tesla by Ndili Technologies, Inc.
‎PowerTools For Tesla

The downside is it is only accurate to within a quarter second (.25).

My uncorked 75D has shown as fast as 3.7 seconds. That could be right, but it is probably somewhere between 3.7 and 3.95.

A few months ago Tesla blocked streaming data on the Model 3 so PowerTools no longer works. Still works for the S/X but not the 3.
Only way to accurately measure the 0-60 is to get one of those expensive tools you mentioned. Dragy would be the best value while a Vbox would provide more data.

• Informative
Reactions: CameronB
But a cheap solution is to have a (light) friend video the speedometer at count the frames after a performance run. Make sure that your phone is recording at least 60 fps. Better to use 120 or 240 fps if you have slow motion mode. The resolution absolutely doesn't matter.

But a cheap solution is to have a (light) friend video the speedometer at count the frames after a performance run. Make sure that your phone is recording at least 60 fps. Better to use 120 or 240 fps if you have slow motion mode. The resolution absolutely doesn't matter.
That is exactly what I did. Funny story though, on the first launch the iPhone ended up in the back seat. My helper wasn’t expecting such a violent launch. I should upload that video.:)

I have an iPhone. Is there a video viewing app that will let me step through the video in 0.1 second increments? I guess I am just not sure how I would “count the frames”. It seems like some additional software would be needed other than a stock iPhone.