Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to metatag music files for compilations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am using Metadatics software (which is a fantastic program) to tag my music files. So I have been inelegantly using the following method to play music from various artists and have the TESLA entertainment software keep it organized as one album in playing sequence with many songs instead of exploding it out to one song one artist.

Album Title
Album artist = Various Artists
Track artist = Various Artists
Track title = song title "by" + artist

Example:
#FuerzaMéxico
Various Artists
Various Artists
Gallant Gentleman by We Lost the Sea

Is there an easier way to keep everything in playing order in one album but still show the individual track artist's name using metatags as nature intended??? I have a bunch of 7" singles from different artists and would like to organize into one "album".

Please don't point me into the megathread; or alternatively if a sticky with just the TESLAfied recommended file structure in it could be posted I'd much appreciate it.

BTW, I tried using the playlist conversion from TESLA Tunes and had very mixed results, although I did like the new convert ALAC to FLAC function. It just dropped the artwork and unless there's an "album artist" entry it does the same individual file dump.