Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to mount the forged wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you also have a red dot, neglect the yellow dots and align the red dot with the valve stem.

That is wrong.

Wiztecy's post text as quoted from Yokohama is correct, but the video he includes (not from Yokohama) is wrong.

Do NOT align red dots with value stems.

The red dots are for wheel run-out. Valve stems have nothing to do with wheel run-out. Most wheels, including those sold by Tesla, are not marked for run-out. If yours are then by all means use the Red dot to align with the run-out mark on your wheel, not the valve stem.

For everyone else, Align the Yellow Dot with the valve stem.

I had a Yoko tire where the Red and Yellow dots were almost 180 degrees apart from each other. Tesla installed the Red dot to the valve stem, with the result that there were a ton (OK, several grams) of weights that needed to be added AND I had vibration. I had Tesla remount with the yellow dots and viola - almost no weights and no vibration.

Align the Yellow Dot with the Valve Stem.

Last edited:
That is wrong.

Wiztecy's post text as quoted from Yokohama is correct, but the video he includes (not from Yokohama) is wrong.

Correct. Thanks for your fine attention to detail. I wish like in the old school days you could edit your posts, I'd like to remove or post a more exact video so I can most accurately provide information to people, but I can't. If the mods can do it, please remove that 2n'd ausie video. Thanks!

I’m still confused after reading through this thread. Are my 1.5 Roadster wheels installed in the correct orientation?
1F139D6B-8D5D-40B7-9EDB-11F431F3B4B4.jpeg
To make it even more confusing, my Tesla account shows my wheels in the opposite orientation.
4DECB63E-3750-4DE6-A717-21E80DB61947.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m still confused after reading through this thread. Are my 1.5 Roadster wheels installed in the correct orientation?
View attachment 380412
To make it even more confusing, my Tesla account shows my wheels in the opposite orientation.
View attachment 380414
Not sure the correct orientation for the 1.5s, but the orientation in the pic in your account (which is a 2.5, btw) is correct.