Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Please check out the latest TMC Podcast (#13) where we discussed new Model Y launches, Tesla improving service, nationwide EV charging expansion, and viewer comments from previous episodes YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

How to navigate to non-Tesla chargers on your Tesla screen?

Llama.

Lurking somewhere up North
Jan 25, 2021
Who knows?
Is there anyway to view and navigate to non-Tesla chargers on my Tesla Model 3 screen?

So far the way I’ve been doing it is by searching on ABPR on my phone to find the non-Tesla charger (ie Tesco 50kw ) then searching for and navigating to said charger on Tesla screen.

But you have to do that before you set off and can’t just view these chargers on the screen, like pins on the map. Just seems fiddly.

Does A Better Route Planner run at all well in the browser?

Note: I hope this hasn’t been answered elsewhere. I tried a search but couldn’t find anything.

Reactions: Considered1
The UK is behind some of Europe on this. A more integrated solution is available in some European countries in a similar way that Superchargers and destination chargers are integrated here - via the main map and selecting the appropriate filters.

Some third party sites are available via standard (Google?) pins on the map, but iirc they will be dependent on zoom level. In the same way that you can navigate to another map location or pin, you can navigate to one of those pins. But as you say, its not particularly convenient.

Another method is that from some apps, you can share a destination to the car. If you have a charging app that allows sharing (iirc ABRP does), then you can share a destination waypoint with the car - on iOS you do this via sharing and selecting the Tesla app as the share - you may need to enable the Tesla app as a default share. I've not tried since multiple waypoints were recently enabled, but it always use to be the case that you could not share a complete route to Tesla that consisted of multiple waypoints.

hth even if it probably does not satisfy your needs. Hopefully a more complete solution will come in future. The functionality is certainly there, its just missing the underlying data.

Reactions: Considered1

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC