Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to open ans close the windows with the key ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, but they could have added it in the app, at least
If the reason it was removed was to prevent accidental activation from the fob, then I agree. It seems like if that were the only reason, they could have set an activation sequence on the fob that would be unlikely to be activated accidentally. I'm thinking someone must have decided that lowering the windows remotely was a bad idea.

I would never use it. Not that I think it's a bad idea, I just don't need it. I could open the Pano roof to cool the car, but I don't. I could use the app to turn on the climate control, but I very rarely remember to do so.

If the reason it was removed was to prevent accidental activation from the fob, then I agree.

That is why. When it was there, the windows opened accidentally, more than once, in pouring rain. And since it only opened the windows and didn't shut them... I am happy it's gone from the fob.

Let's all agree it was good that Tesla removed the function from holding the roof button, but that it was silly to remove it completely. I'm in favor of bringing it back with say click-click-hold.

Absolutely. My 2003 Honda which is going on sixteen years old has this capability [click click-hold], and it's never malfunctuoned or engaged by accident. Hey, Tesla, we're in the 21st century. Catch up, please.

Reactions: erik_k
Window controls on the app would be great. To those who say they would never use it, this is my reply...What if your door handle breaks and you can't get into the car? It would be easy to roll the window down and open the door via the inside door handle. This has happened to me. It will be a month and a half before Tesla can fix the issue. Now I have to enter the passenger door and reach over to open the driver's door. That's a pain in the butt, and possibly soon a pain in my back!

Window controls on the app would be great. To those who say they would never use it, this is my reply...What if your door handle breaks and you can't get into the car? It would be easy to roll the window down and open the door via the inside door handle. This has happened to me. It will be a month and a half before Tesla can fix the issue. Now I have to enter the passenger door and reach over to open the driver's door. That's a pain in the butt, and possibly soon a pain in my back!
If you wanted to use that method, just make sure the car is unlocked first, otherwise you will set off the alarm.