TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to open both Falcon Wing doors at the same time from the key?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by szaske, Jan 6, 2020.

1. szaske

szaske Member

Hello X owners. I just picked up my 2020 Model X and as you can imagine I'm pretty excited. One thing has me perplex however so I thought I'd ask all of you. How can I, using the key, open both falcon wing doors at the same time? I mean any videos of the car show this action.

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

That would be way too disruptive.

People trying to make the car fly in their driveways... Open Close Open Close Open Close

• Like x 1
  3. VikH

VikH Supporting Member

Just fast fingers. Double press both key buttons quickly.

4. lowtek

lowtek Member

LOL!

5. franc01

franc01 Member

My wife and I get both FWDs open at the same time by each of us clicking one of the doors on our respective key fobs at the same time!

Just kidding- I've never tried that but it might work! Will try It on our next family outing.

6. mxnym

mxnym Member

Except, in my experience, I usually have to double-click slower to even get one door to open. When I double click at what I would consider a reasonable rate, it doesn't register. You'd think the car was running Windows 3.1 or something.

• Funny x 1
  7. Robwoodruff

Robwoodruff Member

I just plan ahead and open one, then open the other 2 seconds later. As far as I know, there is no way to "open all" at once.