Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to open front passenger door (2016 Model X)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have had a 2013 MS for a couple years and bought a CPO 2016 MX from Tesla a couple weeks ago.

Is there a way to open only the front passenger door with the key fob? Right now, we double-click the top button once to open the driver's door, wait a few seconds, and then double-click the top button again to open the front passenger door. Then we press the top button to close both/all doors

TIA

Not that I know and I was looking for that. I have had the option on other cars to unlock all doors when the driver's door is unlocked. It was accurately pointed out to me that this would allow somebody with bad intentions on the other side of the car enter when I unlocked my door. Maybe this safety factor is why Tesla has it the way it is.

Not that I know and I was looking for that. I have had the option on other cars to unlock all doors when the driver's door is unlocked. It was accurately pointed out to me that this would allow somebody with bad intentions on the other side of the car enter when I unlocked my door. Maybe this safety factor is why Tesla has it the way it is.

Yeah, I've had cars with the option to unlock all doors or just the driver's door and it's certainly a safety thing.

But I do like having the option to control that setting.