Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to order TPMS Sensors from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can order them from the Parts department at your local Service Center.

I have bought the ones from Tire Rack (twice for Model 3), which I believe are the exact ones Tesla uses and they worked perfectly with no programming.

They are made by Continental, FIXED Frequency (so they do not need programming).

You can order them from the Parts department at your local Service Center..

How do you contact Tesla’s parts department? Ever since the service centers stopped answering the phone, the only way I know is to drive there. Perhaps schedule an appointment in the Tesla app to buy parts?

I support Tesla innovating to save service costs and improve the efficiency of their employees, but I really miss calling a dealer, having a (human) receptionist answer the phone, and just asking for the parts desk. These days I wish I could just order Tesla parts online as easy as buying from Amazon. That would be even more efficient use of employee time, and the customer’s time as well.

GSP

Reactions: raggedy and rklip
I know what you mean but I was able to get through my parts dept as recent as last summer but it may harder now. I would call them and not answer and they would call me back !!! You can always drive there. Not really worth the trouble for TPMS.

I called the parts dept yesterday to order some. Left a message with all my info and received a text later in the day saying they'll be waiting for me when I pick up my car on Thursday. Couldn't have been easier.

Where did you find a phone number for the parts department?

Was this a centralized US or North America department, or your local service center?

Thanks,

GSP

Tesla needs to start selling “some” parts on-line. I get that they will want to control who can buy certain parts, but there are many more mundane parts folks can replace themselves. And in any event, like the otter OEM’s if the owner screws up their vehicle it’s on them.

Reactions: kayak1