Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to pay day-of pickup to ensure no delay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up my new Y in the next few weeks. I already went on the website to get a feel for how the payment process will go. I don't want to pay until I see and inspect the car.

I'm doing a cash payment. The MVPA says "The easiest way to pay for your Model Y is by electronic check, also known as ACH. Prior to delivery, you will be invited by email to make your payment on our website."

When I log into my bank through Tesla's third party payment system I can select from either my checking or savings account. Will there be a delay if I choose my savings account vs checking? It's a non-event for me to transfer the money from my savings to checking, but I'm just curious if I can pay from my savings account and walk away with the car immediately or if there will be a several day wait for it to clear?

How about if I pay from my checking account? Will that be immediate? Really it's just a matter of if I need to transfer the money from savings to checking on my bank side.

The main point of my question is how do I pay day-of and be able to drive the car off the lot immediately?

Thanks for the advice!

I picked up my car and paid for it on the day of pick up without issues via on line transfer.

Not sure about the savings account. I initially saw a link via the app to get into my bank accounts and select the account I wanted to pay for. I tested it out a few days before delivery but didn’t pay at that time.

When I tried to pay on delivery day-that option fell off and I only has the option to add a routing/account number-glad I brought a check so I could input that info in.

I’d just transfer the money to your checking account a few days before delivery just to be on the safe side.

I'm picking up my new Y in the next few weeks. I already went on the website to get a feel for how the payment process will go. I don't want to pay until I see and inspect the car.

I'm doing a cash payment. The MVPA says "The easiest way to pay for your Model Y is by electronic check, also known as ACH. Prior to delivery, you will be invited by email to make your payment on our website."

When I log into my bank through Tesla's third party payment system I can select from either my checking or savings account. Will there be a delay if I choose my savings account vs checking? It's a non-event for me to transfer the money from my savings to checking, but I'm just curious if I can pay from my savings account and walk away with the car immediately or if there will be a several day wait for it to clear?

How about if I pay from my checking account? Will that be immediate? Really it's just a matter of if I need to transfer the money from savings to checking on my bank side.

The main point of my question is how do I pay day-of and be able to drive the car off the lot immediately?

Thanks for the advice!
I paid with a personal check that I wrote after checking the car.

Thanks for the advice!
Wait. I thought you owned a model 3 already? lol
Just be careful bro.

What is your experience with the trade-in and final payment due? Please see my issue below. I'm not sure how much to have in my account for the final payment.

Can anyone explain the change in down payment once you've accepted the trade-in value?

Before accepted: Account showed I owed $2,482
After accepted: Account shows I owe $4,218

The trade-in value is $21,700. And the 8% sales tax savings should be $1,736. This is exactly the difference for my new payment required. I don't understand why I now owe more once I accepted the trade-in value. Is this something that gets changed when they literally have the trade-in car in their possession? Do I receive a $1,736 credit or do they not process payment until I drive off with the car? I don't want to authorize an ACH request until I have the MY.