Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to pick which Homelink item is triggered by the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Homelink is GPS aware and can remember the locations where it's used and brings it up automatically at that location. You can reset it in the Homelink menu. It may not work so well if you have two Homelink values for the same location (i.e. two garage doors), but I've not needed that.

it only triggers the first one you programed from the app. I have my garage as the first one i programed and my moms for when i visit her as the second one.
It knows where they both are and it works perfectly as i drive up but if the car is parked in the garage at my moms house it will try to do the one at my house and obviously not work.

I thought you could pick which door summon, and therefore the app, used. (I don't have HomeLink so I can't test it myself.)

You would turn on "Use Auto HomeLink", select the HomeLink device you want, and then turn the auto feature back off.

it only triggers the first one you programed from the app. I have my garage as the first one i programed and my moms for when i visit her as the second one.
It knows where they both are and it works perfectly as i drive up but if the car is parked in the garage at my moms house it will try to do the one at my house and obviously not work.
Not exactly. At least in V11, it does the last one you used from the car's touchscreen if both are available. I've tried it both ways. I use it to open the garage door for the Mac (you can see it in my profile photo) remotely, and even though I have that programmed as the first one, if I use the Raven's screen to open the gate (the second one) last - it triggers that.

In fact in V11 it will not trigger the homelinks from the app at all (e.g. at work) if none are available - so I'm surprised you say it triggers your garage when it is not in range (see photo)

Anyway, I've solved the issue by moving the gate homelink location so that it is not available when the Raven is in its normal parking spot.

1656507117102.png

Not exactly. At least in V11, it does the last one you used from the car's touchscreen if both are available. I've tried it both ways. I use it to open the garage door for the Mac (you can see it in my profile photo) remotely, and even though I have that programmed as the first one, if I use the Raven's screen to open the gate (the second one) last - it triggers that.

In fact in V11 it will not trigger the homelinks from the app at all (e.g. at work) if none are available - so I'm surprised you say it triggers your garage when it is not in range (see photo)

Anyway, I've solved the issue by moving the gate homelink location so that it is not available when the Raven is in its normal parking spot.
II have MCU2 and I'm on 2022.16.2 and homelink will only work from the app for the first programed door. Maybe newer cars have a different unit for the homelink but in mine it will work just fine when driving up to any door but the app will only work for the one I programed first.

Reactions: 12Pack