Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to price a 2010 Tesla Roadster in Mint Condition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2010 Tesla Roadster with 11,500 miles in Mint Condition that I would like to sell. Can anyone recommend the best way to sell this car and how to establish market value? Tesla said it was very difficult to assign valuation since it is a collector's car. I looked online and people are pricing them anywhere from $90k to 1.5 million! Any advice that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

As with any collector's car, the price will depend on how fast you want to move it...

At $90K, it would likely move quickly, while at $1.5M, it will likely never sell, imo (that is the price I have on mine - lol - unlisted).

How to value it is the question of the day. So many things go into that, including how many others similar are on the market and what folks are looking for.

The next factor is the battery status, CAC/standard ideal range, etc. Based on what I have seen, and a battery with >150 CAC and >170 miles standard range, the price could be between $110K and $140K, under the right circumstances.

There are (at least) 2 sites helping with resale: Gruber and Medlock. I suggest checking with one or both of them to get additional input.

I would have said anywhere between $100,000-$150,000 was probably your price range since 18 "non-collector" Roadsters are listed for that on Gruber's website.

However, since there are now 25 new Roadster "orphans" due to yesterday's fire at the Gruber shop, it might be worth holding on to it just a little bit longer in case the market heats up.

I imagine if mine was lost/destroyed, I would try to replace it with another one. I'm sure some of those 25 people are going to be looking for a replacement soon.

With that mileage and in pristine condition I agree somewhere between $100-$150k. If you can sit on it for a few months, you may get a bit more. With the 25 Roadsters lost in a fire this last weekend, I'm sure there will be quite a few with some insurance payouts looking to replace the ones they lost.

Here's a list from bringatrailer. Tesla

Looking at that list confirms I should have bought one in 2019.

The value will continue to rise as the pool shrinks and more people own Teslas. I have a feeling that when the new Roadster comes out, there will be another bump in value as collectors will seek out the originals. Value was ~$60k five years ago. These days, $100-$130k depending on condition. I will say, however, there will come a time when they'll be put in car museums (gasp!) as they are a magical point in time in automotive history. The first thing we'll ask when we see it behind glass is, "Did someone plug it in?!?!?"

Reactions: RobsJester