Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to profit from product ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a list of items to be made. I could approach a company that makes similar ideas and they'd say "thanks, that's a great idea" and proceed to make it. And I would be no better off financially for it.

My question is; how do I make any money from an idea? I don't feel making the product myself is the answer as other companies will eventually make similar items; most likely at a lower cost.

An example idea:

Photo37418.jpg

As you can see; the situation with that flag is less than ideal. Yet that is the case in many windless or light wind areas. Solution is two flags on offer. One built heavy duty explicitly for use in highwinds. The other; built very light weight and also employing some other tricks to make the flag always look good even in no wind or light wind.

Acuity_Insurance_Flag.jpg

Now some company that already manufactures flags could offer specialized models for specific applications. Now how and why would they pay me for my "idea"?

I have many more "ideas" for products that don't currently exist on the market; but how do I make any money from them?