Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to protect fresh paint for 30 days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the process of getting my bumper and front aeroshield replaced after a porky raccoon decided to unalive itself at highway speeds I'm left with a problem. The 30 days it takes to take the paint to cure and the application of paint protection film.

I drive a lot 150 miles a day on the worst kinds of roads I had paint protection film applied when I first got the car and the most vulnerable part is going to be exposed with fresh paint and I would like to protect it. I don't think I can apply something temporary like tracwrap without having the same issue as installing regular ppf, blue masking tape won't do much against stone chips. I don't have any other good ideas.

I'm in the process of getting my bumper and front aeroshield replaced after a porky raccoon decided to unalive itself at highway speeds I'm left with a problem. The 30 days it takes to take the paint to cure and the application of paint protection film.

I drive a lot 150 miles a day on the worst kinds of roads I had paint protection film applied when I first got the car and the most vulnerable part is going to be exposed with fresh paint and I would like to protect it. I don't think I can apply something temporary like tracwrap without having the same issue as installing regular ppf, blue masking tape won't do much against stone chips. I don't have any other good ideas.

You could contact Xpel customer support and ask them if you can apply Tracwrap to a freshly repaired and painted section of your car. But if that is not an option, you would either have to just drive the car and take the chance, or leave the car at home for a month and drive a rental.

Reactions: Totallynotmike
I’m in a similar boat. I am in the process of having my front bumper cover on the Model S repainted due to rock chips. I drive 140-220 miles a day for work. The technician told me it would be cheaper to repaint the front bumper again than put a clear bra over it! Obviously I did not go ahead with putting any PPF on it!

Similar boat to you. My brand new car is with Tesla at the moment getting a few chips fixed - all chips that I noticed during delivery, including one at the front of the rear wheel well which I think I incurred while driving it to get repaired! - before my PPF appointment booked for mid-December.

Deathly scared of the new red paint getting chipped in the 33km journey home and/or 7km journey to the detailer.

Any tips on how I can avoid that?