Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to purchase replacement "small parts" for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Asking for Model 3 but of course this pertains to any of the cars. I need some new plastic clips...the ones that hold the cover down above the frunk that covers the HVAC air intake and the 12V battery etc. The wipers are just above. I don't know what to call this part, nor the clips. And while I've heard all sorts of stories about how parts are now available to owners.... where? How? Searchable? With prices and shipping?? These are the parts I need today. I'm sure to need other parts later.

This is so not worth a trip to the service center. And surprise! I did that anyway. Twice. Because of course there's no actual phone number to call for parts or even service. Both visits I was told that they'd look up the part number for me, order them and call when they come in. Well, the last time I tried that was three months back. No call. How does a guy actually get small parts replacements??

220101.001.JPG

You can try stopping by the service center, if they have any in stock they will sell them to you.

Normally I find the part number from eBay or Tesla Parts Catalog (Parts Catalog). Open request via Tesla app asking to purchase the parts from local service center (let them know you want parts ONLY). Depending on the part availability, it can be a quick or lengthy process.

Sweet. Thanks! That actually worked. Looks like the clip I'm after is:
Apron Trim Clip 10X2.51092696-00-B

Wouldn't it be super if they actually had a "parts" option in the service section of the app. And then perhaps even a place to submit the part number and have it return what it can find? But I'm a dreamer.

Last edited:
You can try stopping by the service center, if they have any in stock they will sell them to you.

Normally I find the part number from eBay or Tesla Parts Catalog (Parts Catalog). Open request via Tesla app asking to purchase the parts from local service center (let them know you want parts ONLY). Depending on the part availability, it can be a quick or lengthy process.
This. I did this for the rear seat clips & door trim panel clips. Mobile service stopped over and delivered them to me. Cost me like $7 lol.

This. I did this for the rear seat clips & door trim panel clips. Mobile service stopped over and delivered them to me. Cost me like $7 lol.
Dang! That's not quite sustainable. But still happy to hear of the support. I hope they can clean this up and make a simple way to order small parts to be delivered in more traditional, sustainable ways.

Reactions: Adam3
I tried ordering Model 3 USB front and rear parts today through the service center app and had my service order canceled.
I checked back in the app and it stated that:

We do not offer over-the-counter sales. You may create an account and order these parts through Tesla's Electronic Parts Catalogue. Here is the link: Parts Catalog I will be closing this ticket. Feel free to message me if you have questions. Thank you.

Does anyone know how to order from the parts catalogue?

I tried ordering Model 3 USB front and rear parts today through the service center app and had my service order canceled.

We do not offer over-the-counter sales. You may create an account and order these parts through Tesla's Electronic Parts Catalogue. Here is the link: Parts Catalog I will be closing this ticket. Feel free to message me if you have questions. Thank you.

See reply from android04 a couple of posts back regarding ordering...

It is a good question though. Why does service think that we can create an account and order from that catalogue? And more importantly... why can't we?? (clearly because they have no sales infrastructure built up for that yet).

If anybody cares (and really, who would?!) that plastic piece above the air intake and batter is apparently called Apron Trim. And the clips I'm looking for are Apron Trim Clip PN 1092696-00-B

Last edited:
Reactions: rpiotro
It is a good question though. Why does service think that we can create an account and order from that catalogue? And more importantly... why can't we?? (clearly because they have no sales infrastructure built up for that yet).

If anybody cares (and really, who would?!) that plastic piece above the air intake and batter is apparently called Apron Trim. And the clips I'm looking for are Apron Trim Clip PN 1092696-00-B
I literally just picked up an order I placed through the app. Selected the service center I wanted to pick up from, and scheduled an "other" appointment.
My request: "Parts pickup only. Please generate a quote for part numbers XXXX and XXXXX".
Next day I received the message "Your parts are ready for pickup, please drop by. Thanks, Tesla Service"

It's always kinda remarkable to me how varied what each service center thinks it's able to do or not.

Like with legacy dealers I get it- they're all independently owned and operated, so varied policies make sense.

With Tesla they're all owned by Tesla... policies and capabilities should be identical from one to the other (within the same country at the very least)

$7.99 for 20, delivered https://smile.amazon.com/20pcs-Nylon-Luggage-Storage-Retainer/dp/B09NK6229H

I agree, having parts be somewhat more generally available or deliverable would be great. I live 45 minutes or more from the nearest SC, and I'm sure that there are many people who live MUCH further away from their SC.
Thanks for the link, just ordered a pack. These things seem to go where Tupperware lids and left socks go and vanish without a trace, and the closest SC is about an hour and a half away.

I'll report back with how they fit.

$7.99 for 20, delivered https://smile.amazon.com/20pcs-Nylon-Luggage-Storage-Retainer/dp/B09NK6229H

I agree, having parts be somewhat more generally available or deliverable would be great. I live 45 minutes or more from the nearest SC, and I'm sure that there are many people who live MUCH further away from their SC.
No way! After all this my service center STILL has not been able to turn these up for me. And that's after physically showing up there twice after them telling me they had them. Oops! I guess they didn't show up. Unreal. Thanks for finding these and posting. Helps in this specific situation.... but doesn't fix Tesla's bigger issue I'm afraid.

• Funny
Reactions: Adam3

I'm happy to report that my purchase arrived, and the parts are indistinguishable from the OEM versions. I snapped in the new ones, and put everything back together. Just like new! Whole bag of them for the cost of a few from Tesla. AND they actually delivered. Big win. Thanks again.

Reactions: KorbenD