TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to Put New Model S On My Tesla App

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Carlos Danger, Dec 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Member

I picked up my new Model S yesterday after selling my older one on Friday. I can't seem to figure out how to change the Tesla app to put the new car on it. It still is showing information from the older car.

2. Helmuth

Helmuth Member

Best bet: wait!
    I had no car associated with my account for 36 hours after I took delivery.
    I called in and they told me it can take up to 48 hours until you see your car within the app.
    FYI it worked for the first 12 hours though, but the car disappeared! It’s to be able to walk you through the app at the delivery...

3. BrettS

BrettS Member

If you got the car from Tesla, then waiting is the right option. If you got the car from a third party then you need to contact Tesla and provide them a copy of your drivers license and registration so they can go through their change of owner procedure.

4. Xtek

Xtek Member

In order to switch between cars you use the hamburger menu in the upper left assuming both cars are associated with your account.

Mine took almost a week to show up.

5. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Active Member

Tesla made me email registration to prove I owned it. Then took a week to put in their data base. They will send you email when it's in data base.