Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to reduce road noise in 2017 X ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes its a noisy car but luckily someone mentioned that some noise comes from a pillars . Once I investigated the area I found that the rubber blocking the opening to the a pillar was loose . I adjusted it and I swear most of my noise is better I hope it’s not placebo

Like mohanman mentioned, the culprit seems to be coming from the vent glass behind the A pillar. We've been asked to diagnose dozens upon dozens of these and it always seems to be the same. Depending on cross winds and speed we hear whistling from the vent glass and even the side mirror. We've tried any numbers of fixes but because it's a frameless design, that seal between the vent glass and the rubber seal around the door is never going to be perfect. We just had a few 2020's come in for collision work and they exhibited the same issue still. We're still trying to come up with a fix or work around but haven't been successful. If anything comes up, I'll be sure to post it here!

From a rich rebuilds video, I heard they buy some packaging foam that expands when u mix a and b, and stuff it in from under the hood. It expands into the pillar and greatly reduces noise.

I’ve been tempted to do this, but haven’t tried it and searching for other ways