Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to remove "60D" emblem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i'm still awaiting my model X 60D... anyone have comments on how to remove the "60D" emblem in the back right of the car? is this something the factor/dealership can do upon pick up? just want to make sure there will be no scratches or holes left after removal. thanks!

i'm still awaiting my model X 60D... anyone have comments on how to remove the "60D" emblem in the back right of the car? is this something the factor/dealership can do upon pick up? just want to make sure there will be no scratches or holes left after removal. thanks!
I've not done it, but I understand you can use dental floss and slide it under the adhesive holding the emblem on.

Just ask tesla to do it when it comes in. You propably wouldn't be the first they have done for.

I'll remove the "6" and place it back upside down.

Trust me, I've seen worse in the BMW line. I don't really get the whole de-badging thing. Sure, I guess for most it's a clean, I want nothing on the car look, but most people who really know that line of car can tell which model it really is (not so much in the Tesla case obviously). But to each their own I guess. The fact you want to have Tesla put a badge back ON if you upgrade to the 75 makes me think for some reason you don't want to be known for having the lowly 60 model. No offense, but that's how it seems... :oops:

Reactions: nehcrut and TacC
image.jpeg
anyone have pictures of the back without the emblem? (irregardless of model)
Here's a shot of my classic gray 60 (sorry the bike rack is on and apparently I prefer frontal shots since this is the only one I could find of the back!).

I received the car with no badge (I recall they were not badging them with battery size in early production). I never saw the need to have the badge applied after the fact.