Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove bed / trunk liner in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually put my groceries in the sub-trunk in the back of my Model 3, because it does a great job of keeping them from rattling around. However, I recently put a gallon of milk back there that leaked. The leak was quite extensive, probably a cup or more of liquid. My god! It's awful! I soaked out as much as I could, and used a Bissel Spot Cleaner wet vac to shampoo and removes as much liquid as possible, but the residual smell is very persistent.

Does anyone know if I can safely remove the bed liner at home? I'd like to clean it more thoroughly, and also determine if any milk soaked through, so I can clean residue under the liner. I got a quote from a Service Center to replace the liner for $275, which isn't terrible, but I want to take another crack at cleaning this first. Thanks!!

Can you link it? I'd really like to find a sub-trunk liner / bucket, because it's incredibly useful for keeping groceries from sliding around. I was unable to find it with some searching.

Here's the product page. Tesla Model 3 (Pre-Order)

Looks like they only sell the sub trunk mat bundled with the front trunk mat. I believe the prices are in CAD so it should be cheaper for you if buying from the USA due to the currency exchange.

Here's what it looks like. I just snapped a screenshot from a Youtube review video.
upload_2019-5-16_9-3-46.png

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I bought one of those flexible carrying tubs at the dollar store and keep that in the lower trunk. I keep my cleaning supplies in it and use it for milk jugs or anything else liquid that I worry would spill. It has higher sides and helps hold things upright if I pack my cleaning rags around stuff.