Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove driver side kick panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bekk

Mar 27, 2022
ND
Edit: I meant the panel below the steering wheel. Can't change post title

I can't figure out how to remove the driver side panel below the steering wheel. The left and right corners come out with the pry tool, but I cannot for the life of me get the center parts out. I've watched several videos of this being done, but they're all older than 2023 model, they all skip the actual prying and removal process and just jump to it "falling out", and mine also looks like it's different. I could be wrong, but it seems there's a molded piece behind the panel that's the shape of a box. It's hard to see in there but that's the part that's preventing the panel from being removed. Anyone has removed this piece on a 2023 and can give any direction? There are quite a few other posts and comments around here and youtube that are having the same issue as I am but no answers

This isn't my photo, but it's the same situation:
img_20190515_183859-1-jpg.408606

Last edited:
I have a 2021 Model 3 Long Range, and I am trying to remove the panel today, and had the same issue. It'll be impossible to pull it off because it has two hooks inside - thus you would have to remove the whole upper panel to get it pull off? The way they designed it was so stupid. The videos I watched was probably earlier models that you can pull off very easily.

Edit: I meant the panel below the steering wheel. Can't change post title

I can't figure out how to remove the driver side panel below the steering wheel. The left and right corners come out with the pry tool, but I cannot for the life of me get the center parts out. I've watched several videos of this being done, but they're all older than 2023 model, they all skip the actual prying and removal process and just jump to it "falling out", and mine also looks like it's different. I could be wrong, but it seems there's a molded piece behind the panel that's the shape of a box. It's hard to see in there but that's the part that's preventing the panel from being removed. Anyone has removed this piece on a 2023 and can give any direction? There are quite a few other posts and comments around here and youtube that are having the same issue as I am but no answers

This isn't my photo, but it's the same situation:
img_20190515_183859-1-jpg.408606
wonder if anyone has any solution to this... I have exactly the same issue... (and I saw many similar issues across the fleer)... not sure if it is something consistently service done when they are trying to access something and when put back together theydid not do a good job. in my case the hook closest to the edge is bent .. looks like someone force it to slot in but did a cheesy job... I knew how to take out the lower panel and had replaced the light of the wheel well.. but I have no clue how to remove this panel to hopefully sit it properly.. looks like a very involve job...I did check the service website .. but can't seem to find the right one. TIA