Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove Frunk liner retainer clips?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo... Safelite replaced my windshield and busted falf of the trim clips that go around the perimeter of the Frunk. Snapped em right off.

I am in the process of ordering replacements from Tesla, however I can't figure out how to remove the broken ones from the tabs on the fender. Don't want to force it and bend the fender tabs.

Is there a trick to this?

Sooo... Safelite replaced my windshield and busted falf of the trim clips that go around the perimeter of the Frunk. Snapped em right off.

I am in the process of ordering replacements from Tesla, however I can't figure out how to remove the broken ones from the tabs on the fender. Don't want to force it and bend the fender tabs.

Is there a trick to this?
RobY; Yes there is and I have no idea what! They are flimsy and after trying all sorts to get the blighters out I've simply stuck 'em back together with silica cement to use as locators rather than fixings. That no-one responded to you in Mar 2020 shows that we're all flummoxed by the sad design.