TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to Remove HOV sticker?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by cplaw, Oct 6, 2016.

1. cplaw

cplaw Member

I accidentally placed the California small HOV sticker on my front bumper instead of my rear bumper. Any tips on how to remove it from the front bumper? It's my understanding that it is designed so that when you take it off, you can't take it off in one piece so I'll call the DMV tomorrow to get another one, but in the meantime, anyone know what's the best way to remove the sticker from the front bumper?

2. cplaw

cplaw Member

Nevermind, got it off and was able to put it on the back bumper.

3. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

I had to reposition mine, but it can be a pain since it is designed to leave parts of the sticker behind and the remainder spells VOID in small text.

My tip in the past was to take the three sticker panel and cut between the stickers so you have three separate stickers. Place all three with the backing material in a copy machine with 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper. The result are three paper "stickers" you can cut out and using some tape, place on the vehicle to experiment on the placement. Don't drive with the paper stickers!

Once you are satisfied with the look of the sticker positions, then it will be easier to get the real sticker in the same place.