TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to remove old Tesla from my app?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Rebew, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Rebew

Rebew Member

I sold my previous Model S and got a new one. The old one still shows up in my Tesla app. How do I remove the old one? Thanks for any help!

2. Blup85

Blup85 Member

It will go away when the new owner transfers it to his/her account. I've had three teslas and they have taken 2 day2 to a week and a half to get moved over..

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Rebew

Rebew Member

Great, thank you.

4. .jg.

.jg. Member

You could call Tesla's customer support line and ask them to remove it (and give them the new owners details). I had the reverse problem when I bought a Tesla privately - the car didn't appear in my Tesla account or in the app for almost a month - the previous owners had gone on holiday and didn't confirm the transfer of ownership to Tesla.

5. GWord

GWord Member

Same issue happened to me when I sold it to a Carmax type of place. I actually went back to that reseller and showed them how to disable mobile access (I got tired of seeing and worrying about the low state of charge they were keeping it at). An email to customer service at Tesla got it taken off my account, eventually.

6. tezzla

tezzla Member

I had to logoff the app, then log back in.

7. Mayo

Mayo Member

Email Tesla Customer Support they will do nothing over the telephone. I had to remove a sold tesla. and was requested to email them a copy of my ID and all paperwork related to the sale of the Tesla. After following thier instructions it took another three weeks for it to be removed. Good Luck

8. Reeler

Reeler 8th Year of Pure EV

I put in the request through MyTesla portal to remove the car I just sold a couple days ago. I fear the new owner my rack up Supercharger fees to my card on file. I couldn’t just hand over the account because I have another car in my account.