Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove old Tesla from my app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could call Tesla's customer support line and ask them to remove it (and give them the new owners details). I had the reverse problem when I bought a Tesla privately - the car didn't appear in my Tesla account or in the app for almost a month - the previous owners had gone on holiday and didn't confirm the transfer of ownership to Tesla.

Same issue happened to me when I sold it to a Carmax type of place. I actually went back to that reseller and showed them how to disable mobile access (I got tired of seeing and worrying about the low state of charge they were keeping it at). An email to customer service at Tesla got it taken off my account, eventually.

You could call Tesla's customer support line and ask them to remove it (and give them the new owners details). I had the reverse problem when I bought a Tesla privately - the car didn't appear in my Tesla account or in the app for almost a month - the previous owners had gone on holiday and didn't confirm the transfer of ownership to Tesla.

Email Tesla Customer Support they will do nothing over the telephone. I had to remove a sold tesla. and was requested to email them a copy of my ID and all paperwork related to the sale of the Tesla. After following thier instructions it took another three weeks for it to be removed. Good Luck

I put in the request through MyTesla portal to remove the car I just sold a couple days ago. I fear the new owner my rack up Supercharger fees to my card on file. I couldn’t just hand over the account because I have another car in my account.

It is nuts. Months ago I’ve sold my old Tesla. But still it is in my inventory and in my app. I have tried contact Tesla support many times. Send my selling papers.
I don”t have the contact info of the new owner, but I see exactly where he lives, where he drives. I get push messages on my phone about his car.
And it drives me knots that Tesla don’t response.
I’m now thinking to sound the horn and flash the lights, hoping that the new owner will contact Tesla about it. But than I make my problem, his problem...
Or should I contact a news paper, this is truly a GDPR thing.

• Love
Reactions: Daniel 74
What I did this last time is reset the nav unit and turned off remote access. Car is still in my app, but I cannot control it.

Did this, but whoever now has my old model S has reactivated mobile access which links it straight back to my mobile.

So far I’ve:
1) emailed “contact us” on the website
2) called support and been assured it’s being processed
3) spoken to support on chat and been given email for EMEA account support
4) emailed EMEA account support to request removal

none has worked obvs...

Sooo....any advice on what I could try next?

:(

All you actually need to do is log into your account on tesla.com and click on manage on the vehicle you don't own any more. Then click on "View Details" and at the bottom of the page is a link for "Remove this car from your account". It is all done automatically and will also be removed from your app.

• Informative
Reactions: Reeler
All you actually need to do is log into your account on tesla.com and click on manage on the vehicle you don't own any more. Then click on "View Details" and at the bottom of the page is a link for "Remove this car from your account". It is all done automatically and will also be removed from your app.

This is a new feature on their site. I tried it and it worked.

I did notice that a failed solar install was still on my account. That is another story, but after the site inspection, permits, deposit, contract execution, Tesla called hours before the install saying my roof was not compatible with their systems. Not sure why they didn't catch it on the site inspection. Still in my account with a note for me to call and schedule the install.

That functionality just appeared- but it works!

Worked for me and very smooth, but the actual web function only appeared after I chased Tesla a few times. When I first spoke to a Tesla call operator they were surprised it wasn’t there; perhaps at has to be enabled at account level.