TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to remove passenger seat?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by jordanthompson, Nov 16, 2013.

1. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

#1 jordanthompson, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
    Need to get the passenger seat out - looks easier than it turns out; any suggestions?

I am trying to remove the passenger seat to get at some tools I have dropped under it while trying to route a radar alarm wire behind the seats :tongue:
    I have removed the four bolts and the seat is loose, but it seems to be attached/caught by the hand brake.

I have scoured the Elise forums as well as our own, but have gotten nowhere. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd really appreciate it.

2. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

I do remember that there are two very small allen screws on the bottom side of the handle that must be removed in order to get the console off/out. I don't remember if I had the passenger seat out or not?

3. jordanthompson

So I punted - I got the four bolts out and was able to lean the seat over enough to be able to get my lost tools and route the wire to the radar detector. I didn't have to completely remove it.

4. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

Good deal. I did have my driver's seat out once and I do remember it being more work than I anticipated. Isn't that the way it always goes?:biggrin:

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

My 10-year old daughter came in very helpful with small hands to slip down the back of the passenger seat and retrieve some stuff when I had similar problems. :)

Did you see how to remove the manual holder/pocket thing by any chance? Taking that useless thing out would allow easier retrieval of those "under the seat" items.

6. jordanthompson

Do you rent your daughter out for these occasions? :tongue:

I never got far enough to look at the underside of the seat (besides, I actually use this to store my manual :rolleyes:). The best I could do was to lean the seat toward the inside of the car (it is attached to the handbrake assembly and I couldn't figure out how to un-attach it. I got to the point where I stopped and thought about what I was really trying to do (get under the seat) and I realized I didn't have to take the entire car apart to do this.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I could never figure it out, either the manual went shooting into the foot well when I braked or I pushed it further in and it took all my strength to pull the darn manual back out again.

8. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

It's always been a near thing when I've pulled the manual out. Every time I stick it back in I wonder if it'll ever come out again.

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of magnetic probes and armature wire with a sticky tape ball on the end.

10. asgard

asgard Member

My CPO Roadster came with cigar wrappers under the drivers and passenger seats. No idea how to get them out.

11. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

Coat hanger with a hook on the end?

12. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

Objectives thinking - you will go far grasshopper.

13. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Now ya'll are going to have to scroll back a bit to catch the context of this little gem :biggrin:

#ThingsYouNeverThoughtYou'dReadOnTheTeslaForum

(Sorry Jordan, I simply could not resist)

14. jordanthompson

that's too funny :biggrin:

15. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Yah, I held back on that one as the age of the daughter was hinted and I figured it would be inappropriate.