Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to Remove piano black center console caps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen a video on how to separate the piano black covers from the center console? I've seen videos on how to remove the center console, but I'm actually looking to remove the black cover(cap) from the lids ... if it's even possible. I've seen that i1TESLA did it and I've reached out to how ... but while I hope and wait for a response from him, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has done it.

Thanks in advance.

He launched this product a while back and did a tutorial on how to install/replace the top panel. Maybe the other panels are similar with uninstalling.

Thanks for the link. Brian sent me this link as well. It shows how to remove it as one part but in one of his videos he actually separates the black top part from the bottom part and you can see the cross paternity of glue on the top "cap". There isn't a video where he separates that and I was wondering if it was hard, required heat or other means.

In speaking to Brian, he said he didn't use heat but didn't have any direction on how he did it.

It's ok. I might check the local wrecking yards to see if there might be a totaled 3 or Y where I can go in and pull parts to experiment on.