Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove sticky residue from sides of centre console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wold suggest using something like a mild cleaner and a microfibre cloth, and a bit of elbow grease.

I had something similar on my door card (white residue) and it took several cleaning sessions to remove it.

Isopropyl alcohol would probably be very effective but I don’t know how safe it would be to use, and would leave a lasting smell I think. Maybe diluted?

Others will hopefully give some more advice.

Ask the service centre to do it for you.

I thought that at the time that I may have been unreasonable in adding this to list of snags and that I should have gone out and bought some cleaner and done it myself, but glad I did ask as whilst they could clean one bit, the other bit of residue required a replacement decor trim assembly due to 'marking from residue'.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and Godsense
I would echo the above - if you're prepared to wait.

I added a similar thing (below) to my service centre appointment, but in the end I got annoyed with knowing it was there and had a go at cleaning it myself. Took several sessions, some foaming cleaner, and a lot of elbow grease but managed to get it off.

IMG_3790.jpeg

I would report it anyway, with photos, so that even if you can't get it off yourself you have a record of it having been noticed within the 7 days delivery period.

Thanks all, called them and they said they couldn't recommend anything so would schedule an appointment, I was like really?!!? sounds like it's tougher to get off so I'll take pics and probably schedule an appointment.

Suspect they'll be coming out for two marks on the seat that look like scratches into the fabric rather than dirt which they're looking into now.

Thanks all