Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just looked up how to do replace the inner planum thing. Looks like a 45min job if you're handy. Honestly I'd just pay the service center to do this job for $58. I wouldn't do this for less than $200 myself.

1 Remove the rear underhood apron. See Underhood Apron - Rear (Remove and Replace).
2 Remove the outer HVAC plenum. See Duct - HVAC Plenum - Outer (Remove and Replace).
3 Remove the hood latch cover. See Cover - Hood Latch (Remove and Replace).
4 Remove the underhood storage unit. See Underhood Storage Unit (Remove and Replace).
5 Remove the LH and RH wiper arms. See Wiper Arms (Remove and Replace).
6 Remove the LH and RH shock tower cover. See Cover - Shock Tower - LH (Remove and Replace).
7 Remove the cowl screen panel. See Panel - Cowl Screen (Remove and Replace).
View attachment 563111
8 Release the clips that attach the inner HVAC plenum, and then remove the inner HVAC plenum from the vehicle.

View attachment 563110
My last DIY cleaning lasted about 6 months, and I've had or done 4 cleanings total, these past 40K miles of 2018 Model 3 ownership.

Now that many months have passed, I ask @GreenHokie and @AxlxA and others in this forum who have installed a new 1107204-00 INNER DUCT, HVAC PLENUM, M3
  1. Have you seen that the replacement of this component has reduced the need for HVAC evaporator cleaning and filter replacement?
  2. Has anybody else convinced Tesla Service to replace this part for just $58 (including parts & labor)?

Last edited: