TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to Remove Wheel Cap and Cover Underneath to Install Hitch

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Nev&Co, Jan 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nev&Co

Nev&Co X60D MC Red. Delivered 12/30/2016

I am wondering if there's any good way to take out the center wheel cap? I'm trying to put decal on it and also I haven't tried to take off the cover underneath the car for installing the hitch, does it require any tools to remove the cover?

2. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

Screw driver for hitch cover. 2 plastic plugs. I used a knife to remove the caps on my S

3. Haxster

Haxster Member

For the wheel caps, try a wad of the stickiest tape you have (like Gorilla) or a strong suction cup that "just" covers the logo area.

4. bushburner

bushburner Member

• Informative x 2
  5. Nev&Co

Nev&Co X60D MC Red. Delivered 12/30/2016

Thanks for the advice and my car is in SC now due to some minor issues so I couldn't try it out yet. Will definitely work on them after getting it back hopefully tomorrow.