Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Replace Center Console Sliding Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just in case, here's a diagram of the Gen 1 center console. One rep that someone else talked to informed the guy that they didn't sell parts for it, which is false.

Attachments

• Tesla Center Console Parts.png
    Tesla Center Console Parts.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 961
Was at Rocklin today and tried to order 1058088-11-A but they said it's no longer available. They said all recent Model S are shipping with the black soft touch sliding lid, and the part isn't interchangeable with the Model X console. Anyone had success ordering one in the last few days? Which service center?

Last edited:
Got mine today, it was an easy swap that I did it myself.

Here’s the missing picture of what’s under the lid panel.
6C84F5F1-C6E8-4E66-A0F9-137A0618F356.jpeg

First thing I did was pull the front of the console side panel to release the 2 clips in the drivers footwell makeing room to remove the tray lid.

Now that we can see how the lid tabs latch to the tray I would suggest you try to slide the lower tray back as you pull the lid forward. That will release the 6 clips and you can lift the old lid off.

Then reverse the steps for install by lining up the lid tabs with the sliding tray holes and placing the lid on the lower tray.

Then pull the lower tray forward as you push the lid back to engage the clips. Finally just press the side panel clips back into place in the footwell.

Last edited:
Got mine today, it was an easy swap that I did it myself.

Here’s the missing picture of what’s under the lid panel.
View attachment 291762
First thing I did was pull the front of the console side panel to release the 2 clips in the drivers footwell makeing room to remove the tray lid.

Now that we can see how the lid tabs latch to the tray I would suggest you try to slide the lower tray back as you pull the lid forward. That will release the 6 clips and you can lift the old lid off.

Then reverse the steps for install by lining up the lid tabs with the sliding tray holes and placing the lid on the lower tray.

Then pull the lower tray forward as you push the lid back to engage the clips. Finally just press the side panel clips back into place in the footwell.

My man... Thanks for posting the photo

Finally got mine! A buddy of a buddy happens to live right near the Burbank SC and helped me get one (they don't take payment over phone for some reason). Took me about 5 minutes to install. Very easy. Additional pics...

"Unboxing"
IMG_1204.jpg IMG_1205.jpg IMG_1206.jpg

Before
IMG_1207.jpg

Slide your front seats as far back as possible, then pull the side panels of the console apart until the console lid cover is fully exposed
IMG_1208.jpg IMG_1209.jpg

The console lid cover easily slides off its base. As others have said, pull back on the console lid cover while you push forward to console lid base. Then reverse the above steps to install the new lid cover.
IMG_1210.jpg IMG_1211.jpg

After
IMG_1212.jpg

Finally got mine! A buddy of a buddy happens to live right near the Burbank SC and helped me get one (they don't take payment over phone for some reason). Took me about 5 minutes to install. Very easy. Additional pics...

"Unboxing"
View attachment 293704 View attachment 293703 View attachment 293702

Before
View attachment 293701

Slide your front seats as far back as possible, then pull the side panels of the console apart until the console lid cover is fully exposed
View attachment 293700 View attachment 293699

The console lid cover easily slides off its base. As others have said, pull back on the console lid cover while you push forward to console lid base. Then reverse the above steps to install the new lid cover.
View attachment 293698 View attachment 293697

After
View attachment 293696
Great job... Thanks for sharing the "How To" photos. I thinks it's the easiest and best looking upgrade you can do to your car. Has anyone changed out to one of the other options? ie. Figured Ash wood, dark ash. If so please post photos.

Great job... Thanks for sharing the "How To" photos. I thinks it's the easiest and best looking upgrade you can do to your car. Has anyone changed out to one of the other options? ie. Figured Ash wood, dark ash. If so please post photos.
I didn’t upgrade mine, but got my standard piano black cover replaced as it got super scratched. Lesson learnt: Don’t place a phone/power pack (Anker powercore 26000 is made with a metal casing) on it. The SC replaced it for me. I personally don’t like the carbon fibre since it would look out of place with my piano black interior.

Reactions: Reekdog