Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to replace front strakes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Some *%$# on the interstate left a nice blown tire flopping around. The guy right in front of me moved out of the way to reveal it just in time to smash into my model S at 90mph. It had clearly been run over probably a dozen times considering that when it got to me it was essentially fl ying through the air. It smashed the lower right of my bumper, and aside from a scratch in the paint, the strakes appear to have taken all of the force; they're lying somewhere out on the interstate in pieces now. Now I have an asymmetric front end :/

My question is, can I replace just the strakes, which essentially broke off and flew down the road, or do I have to replace the entire front bumper? I'm sure the latter is going to cost a pretty penny, to the point of considering insurance. If I can replace them, any advice on the best method, and can we buy this part from Tesla? See the attached pics for the damage. I'm (possibly) lucky that the damage seems to be limited to this. I tried searching for this but the word strakes doesn't show up much in the forum, so I'm starting to get worried. Thanks in advance!
20180917_181002.jpg20180917_184901.jpg