Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to report supercharger problems

How would you report a problem at a Supercharger station?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got love Tesla, when reporting a issue at a Supercharger location, "yes, it has been reported"

But a couple weeks later nothing happens. Model 3 folks will rip tesla a big one.

No excuse for Supercharger to not work . 36 hours time is plenty, excuses will get old when roadside pays for hotel and food while you are stuck.

Great I show up, there are two or three vehicles waiting to charge the station has problems that were reported days ago. Sending very low KW to Vehicles all stations and one or more stations not working at all. How willing will folks wait twice as long to charge at 40 kw to end. 20% - 85 or 90%

Hour and a half , two hours. We paid for fully functional chargers, that is just my opinion.

Sadly, my first attempt ever was at the Hamilton Township New Jersey Supercharger on Jan 2, 2017. One other S there plugged into 1A (I think it was A) so I plugged into #3. Watched charge go from 50A to 40A to 30A and bounce around a bit. Checked PlugShare (actually checked PS first as I couldn't find the location. Would be nice if the map in the car said; "It's behind the Barnes and Noble, stupid!") and saw other complaints about this location. Pulled around to 2A or 2B (don't remember which) and got the same crappy rate.

Was low on charge, but not low enough to make it back home, even though it was cold and raining a bit. Wanted to show my wife how to use the Supercharger before our first long road trip. Hopefully it was the chargers and not the car...

Didn't know enough to call Roadside Assistance then, but do now. Not encouraging to see 3 months later this location is still problematic.
Tesla, even after several call, knew the whole site was either partly charging at 44kw or less could just repeat, "yes, it has been reported" but still nothing done. So, even if they work the 45 minute charge is two hours..

Thankyou

Time, yes seven , eight months later still no response time, just Tesla , "yes, it has been reported" Tesla has little intent to repair faulty equipment, still seven months later. They come in put a bandage on the site, but fail to bring every stall to peak power.

Thanks for starting the thread guys.

I called roadside assistance to report a potential problem at the Oxford Station AL Superchargers as there was clear water coming up from underground near the station that I was using. They were going to have someone look into the issue.

Oxford Station Supercharger Al 12 Stations, was brought online last year.

• Informative
Reactions: KJD
We just visited Hagerstown, MD, on the way back from Morgantown, WV. I was hoping to get all the way to NJ with that single stop, but after I plugged into one charger, I set navigate to get us home, and I got an alert that charging had been interrupted, check the connection. Instead, I moved to the neighboring port. It was reading 16 miles/charging-hour, which was ridiculous. So I moved to the next charger, which was reading 300+ miles/hour. We were close to getting a charge sufficient to getting us home, when I got another "charge interrupted" notification. At this point I gave up, and decided to allow another stop in Allentown on the way.

I warned two other Tesla owners to watch out for the two chargers that had failed for me. And I emailed [email protected] about the 3 problems (on the first 3 chargers nearest the entrance) I had encountered. But maybe it's time to alert other owners in this forum about chargers that are misbehaving. That could save some misery, and maybe provide Tesla with some input that might otherwise go unreported.

There needs to be a more efficient way to report a problem with a Supercharger other than calling the number shown on the pedestal. There can be long wait times on hold before you can talk to someone.

My suggestion is to add the capability to the Tesla app to report a problem The app knows your location, so you won’t have to specify that. Just provide a screen with a field you can type or voice dictate text into, describe the problem, hit send. I’m going to email [email protected] with this suggestion.

Reactions: cpa
There needs to be a more efficient way to report a problem with a Supercharger other than calling the number shown on the pedestal. There can be long wait times on hold before you can talk to someone.

My suggestion is to add the capability to the Tesla app to report a problem The app knows your location, so you won’t have to specify that. Just provide a screen with a field you can type or voice dictate text into, describe the problem, hit send. I’m going to email [email protected] with this suggestion.

I applaud your initiative, Fan. But I have become disillusioned with Tesla's priorities to get the simple things done correctly. It seems to me that Tesla needs to change its structure on the Supercharger availablilty that appears on the touchscreen. The pin with the dreaded slashed circle to indicate no power or limited power does not help much. (See Fresno--it has shown this for about three weeks now, yet they seem to be working just fine during the 6AM-midnight) hours.) Furthermore, frequently I notice that the touchscreen has no indication of usage until you press on the pin. Then the standard bubble appears on the screen with Y of Z stalls available. I was told that the lack of usage on the touchscreen indicates that the station is "offline," even though it has no effect on charging. So, it appears that Tesla is relying upon two different systems to provide information. That...just...seems...odd.

If Tesla adopts your fine suggestion or one like it, common sense would dictate that their systems update all data displays promptly. To have this information drain into a black hole until someone gets around to updating the information manually just does not solve the situation.

In fact, I would go one step further. I would like the touchscreen (or app) to be able to list all Superchargers en route to one's destination--whether a short haul from the East Bay to Orange County or a longer journey from Fresno to Cincinnati. The touchscreen or app should be able to remember our journey and list these Superchargers and their current operational status. We could delete the ones that we have passed as we progress. It does not help much if we are mid-route and a planned stop becomes unavailable due to broken hardware or utility issues. Timely notifications would be beneficial as we drive onward to our destinations.

Santa Barbara supercharging has multiple cars left for hours windows all down and not plugged in.
Seems to be a storage location for rentals?
Busy busy weekend and I witness the cars taking up space.
What to do??

Exactly which station (address, please) and did you notice any stickers / license plate frames / etc. with a car rental company name on them? There's been reports of car rental company employees who are EVholes and either block chargers or tag-team moving cars around so that they can jump line (if there's anybody else waiting).

BTW, waited almost four years to post?

We used the Supercharger station at Chelalis, WA on November 25, 2023. Station 10A appeared to operate properly, however, it went well beyond our 85% limit. When I noticed the range at 292 miles on our 2018 Model 3 long range, I quit the charging. It was set at 85% in my Tesla App, my Tesla Remote App, and my Tesla Stats app. My invoice reported that I received 67kWh, which is nearly impossible for our Tesla, which is now at approximately 298 miles maximum range at 100% S.O.C.
How do I report this to Tesla?
This is the ONLY Supercharger station which acted incorrectly on our entire Thanksgiving family trip.

Reactions: KJD
We used the Supercharger station at Chelalis, WA on November 25, 2023. Station 10A appeared to operate properly, however, it went well beyond our 85% limit. When I noticed the range at 292 miles on our 2018 Model 3 long range, I quit the charging. It was set at 85% in my Tesla App, my Tesla Remote App, and my Tesla Stats app. My invoice reported that I received 67kWh, which is nearly impossible for our Tesla, which is now at approximately 298 miles maximum range at 100% S.O.C.
How do I report this to Tesla?
This is the ONLY Supercharger station which acted incorrectly on our entire Thanksgiving family trip.
Chehalis, WA. Sorry about typo.