Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to request new software/firmware features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've now owned my MS for 5 days & already have found a few improvements I'd like to recommend.
What's the best way to to do this?

Parking Distance Units:
As I live in the UK, we measure our speed in mph but short distances in centimetres.
I'd like to see an additional setting, so I can set the parking distance to be displayed in either centimetres or inches.

Lane Offset:
When using autopilot, my car seems to sit to the right of centre. It's too far to the right for me, so I end up switching it off & driving with just TACC engaged.
I'd like to see a lane offset setting, so I can set my car to be left/right of centre by a certain amount.

Shout loudly into an empty canyon, it will have about as much of an effect as badgering Tesla Service for weeks on end. I used to be part of Tesla's early access program, I gave them lots of good reliable feedback from an engineering perspective and yet I received NOTHING in return, not even an acknowledgement that they got my emails, let alone that they cared about my feedback.

If Tesla is listening, PLEASE HIRE SOME PR PEOPLE, this stone cold silence is deafening.

Not sure if it's common. But I received my first response ever from Tesla support.
I requested a feature addition to allow scheduled charged completion, that way i can schedule when i want the car fully charged (7am) not when it starts charging.
Response email said my request was added to the feature request list. Knew to me. I have requested a couple of other things but this was the first respose.
Yippie!

Reactions: StefanSarzio