TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to request new software/firmware features?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nkightley, Jun 28, 2017.

1. nkightley

nkightley Member

I've now owned my MS for 5 days & already have found a few improvements I'd like to recommend.
    What's the best way to to do this?

Parking Distance Units:
    As I live in the UK, we measure our speed in mph but short distances in centimetres.
    I'd like to see an additional setting, so I can set the parking distance to be displayed in either centimetres or inches.

Lane Offset:
    When using autopilot, my car seems to sit to the right of centre. It's too far to the right for me, so I end up switching it off & driving with just TACC engaged.
    I'd like to see a lane offset setting, so I can set my car to be left/right of centre by a certain amount.

2. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Tesla has historically not been interested in these sort of suggestions or even simpler bug fixes. They seem to only care about AP2 at this point.

They do frequent these forums, so they might see it. You could also submit it to their contact page: Contact | Tesla

• Like x 1
  3. tomas

tomas Traded in 9 rep bars for M3, used to be somebody!

Use the "bug report" voice command in your car. Say "bug report" followed by a brief description. Or email Tesla.

The only way to get their attention via this forum is to rally a huge thread about your issue, which might get noticed.

• Like x 1
  4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I'm only joking but...

The UK need to pick one standard or the other, not both! Of course the US thinks it's special so we are totally Imperial, which is lame, IMO. But the UK swings both ways. That would drive me crazy!

5. obrien28

obrien28 Midnight Engineer

Shout loudly into an empty canyon, it will have about as much of an effect as badgering Tesla Service for weeks on end. I used to be part of Tesla's early access program, I gave them lots of good reliable feedback from an engineering perspective and yet I received NOTHING in return, not even an acknowledgement that they got my emails, let alone that they cared about my feedback.

If Tesla is listening, PLEASE HIRE SOME PR PEOPLE, this stone cold silence is deafening.