TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to reset all electronics to factory default?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by wazooda, Oct 30, 2014.

1. wazooda

wazooda Member

I'm selling my 2013 Model S85 (have a P85D on order) and want to wipe all the personal info before I hand over the keys; i.e. garage door openers, previous Nav history, the little charging icon centered on my house, etc.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

2. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

No... You have to go in and delete each piece of information manually.

3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Call Tesla. They can do a factory reset for you.

4. bob_p

bob_p Member

This is a potential security issue for the Service Center loaner cars - because the navigation software is recording home addresses of owners who had charged the loaners.

The Service Centers should be able to do this. Though you can also manually delete the personalized data (especially the saved locations for the navigation software).

5. iadbound

iadbound Member

I just had a loaner for 12 days. I went through and deleted my address from the list of places where the car had charged. I also deleted my phone, etc. While it could certainly be a security issue, it's not too hard to delete the personal information.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Member

Wow 12 days seems like a long time to have a loaner, did something major go wrong or was it just a wait for certain parts?