Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to reset climate control to factory state

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my m3 for a while but have never changed any climate control settings except to move the temperature up or down. Then today I was messing around with the interface and managed to accidentally change the directions that the air vents blow. So I tried to change it back to what I am used to but it does not feel the same. Is there some way to cause all the climate control settings to revert back to their default state? Thanks.

I'm not aware of any climate-specific reset. I don't believe there's one since factory defaults don't represent anything specific and there's no user / personal data to erase. Maybe a full car factory reset would do that but you would lose everything. I wouldn't recommend it.
Your best bet is to play with climate settings until you find something comfortable again.

I've had my m3 for a while but have never changed any climate control settings except to move the temperature up or down. Then today I was messing around with the interface and managed to accidentally change the directions that the air vents blow. So I tried to change it back to what I am used to but it does not feel the same. Is there some way to cause all the climate control settings to revert back to their default state? Thanks.
To change air flow directions, push & hold directly on the screen simulating the air flow and move it in the direction you want it to blow.

Did you ever find a solution or are you still looking?

Were you able to re-manipulate the air-flow direction to get what you want? The factory reset is all (of the car) or nothing, so I wouldn't recommend this route. Assuming you do know where to find the air flow direction adjustments, in addition to up and down, you can also split the flow so that it is going to either side of you. Let us know if you need help on this.