Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to resolve the issues with Tesla Energy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dl1978

Jul 29, 2021
NJ
I had Tesla roof installed in April of 2021. It took almost a month to get it done. In the process, they managed to do several damages to my home. It included scratch hardwood floors, leaking at two spots, left nails on my driveway and punched my car tire and a few more. There were also several installation issues like water shooting over gutter, exposed nails/screws, exposed plywood, over charged pre-construction repairs without any explanation.

After the construction, I was referred to a person at it "resolution" team in the corporate. I was asked to submitted repair receipts and estimates. Initially, I was told that they only reimburse after all estimates and receipts had been received. After I did that, she told me that only after Tesla did all the repair work. They did send crew over a couple of times but they never told me when they were going to fix all the things. Last time (about three weeks ago), the crew came but I couldn't stay. No one told me if they fix the water over-shooting-over-gutter problem. The person doesn't reply my emails. What can I do to escalate this? At this point, I have only regrets to get into this Tesla roof:(

I had Tesla roof installed in April of 2021. It took almost a month to get it done. In the process, they managed to do several damages to my home. It included scratch hardwood floors, leaking at two spots, left nails on my driveway and punched my car tire and a few more. There were also several installation issues like water shooting over gutter, exposed nails/screws, exposed plywood, over charged pre-construction repairs without any explanation.

After the construction, I was referred to a person at it "resolution" team in the corporate. I was asked to submitted repair receipts and estimates. Initially, I was told that they only reimburse after all estimates and receipts had been received. After I did that, she told me that only after Tesla did all the repair work. They did send crew over a couple of times but they never told me when they were going to fix all the things. Last time (about three weeks ago), the crew came but I couldn't stay. No one told me if they fix the water over-shooting-over-gutter problem. The person doesn't reply my emails. What can I do to escalate this? At this point, I have only regrets to get into this Tesla roof:(
You could not pay me for a Tesla roof! And it is not lot there have not been TONS of post about issues.

Reactions: vickh
As funny as it sounds... the more angry you are on this TMC Tesla Energy sub-forum, the more likely someone at Tesla will reach out to you. It seems they are intercepting content shared on social media and online forums to remediate with the customers.

You may need to post pictures of the damage and write angry phrases such as "I will never recommend Tesla to my friends again" and "Tesla has betrayed my trust" to get the attention of their AI bots.

Of course once they (real humans or other AI bots) reach out to you, they'll probably ask you to not speak anything about Tesla online. Or else they'll decide to stop helping you... so we'll probably never hear from you again 😿

Reactions: vickh and Ampster
I've had an ongoing problem with my Powerwall installation since June of last year. I've been working with an Executive Resolutions representative for over a year now and yet still no resolution. I'm considering opening an Arbitration dispute as outlined in the contract. But progress is SLOWLY being made and I don't want to derail anything until it becomes clear that a resolution is not possible without intervention.

Reactions: vickh

Having had the "pleasure" of recently dealing with Tesla's post sales customer "support" recently, my advice is to drink heavily.

Fruitcake

I am having a terrible time with my whole home solar and battery installation. ...Tesla knew about this, didn't tell me (or others) about their issues with the Backup switch. I think they are committing fraud. I spoke to an attorney last night so we'll see.
The only "issue" with the Backup Switch has to do with local Utilities resistance to change. Though the BuS has been tested by ETL, Local Utilities want to test it themselves - kick the tires, drive it around the block, etc. before they'll approve it. In my case Tesla installed my solar panels and Powerwalls, but had to stop, and after 2 months of nothing from the Utility Co they installed the BuS in the same manner that the Gateway2 is - in between the service meter box and my breaker box, rather than in-between the meter & it's socket. AFAIK my local Utility still hasn't approved the BuS installation as Tesla has designed it. (since August)

alt install.JPG